Redevelopment and Housing Authority
The ONE Team has successfully assisted several Redevelopment and Housing Authorities (RHAs), through multiple aspects of due diligence, compliance, investigation, and remediation.
ONE completed Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs) as well as U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Environmental Assessments (24 CFR Part 58). ONE worked closely with the current owners, tax syndicates, as well as the architect and development entities, to ensure that no stone was left unturned and financing was acquired.
Based on the initial assessments, ONE performed a cost effective and timely Phase II ESA inclusive of the following services:
- A ground penetrating radar (GPR) survey to search for potential heating oil underground storage tanks (USTs);
- Subsurface soil sampling and analysis to determine soil quality in the vicinity of the former USTs;
- Comprehensive asbestos containing materials (ACMs) assessment and sampling;
- Moisture and mold survey; and
- Lead-based paint (LBP) and indoor air radon survey following HUD guidelines.
During renovation activities, ONE was retained to prepare ACM Operation and Maintenance (O&M) plans and a Mold Remediation Protocol following the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) guidelines. ONE worked closely with the selected renovation contractor to provide expertise regarding ACMs. In addition, ONE was contracted to source a remediation contractor and oversee mold remediation.