RCRA Closure Projects – Virginia
The ONE Team has successfully assisted several Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) Part B permitted facilities with RCRA closure of hazardous waste units pursuant to state-enforceable closure plans.
RCRA requires facility owners and operators to clean up properties that have treated, stored, or disposed of hazardous waste at their facility. This requirement is implemented through a permit.
ONE has experience with the following aspects of RCRA Closure:
- Drafting, reviewing, and updating Closure Plans and Financial Assurance information.
- Conducting discussions, negotiations, and meetings with state agencies.
- Waste determination, disposal, and coordination.
- Decontamination of hazardous waste units utilizing innovative strategies in accordance with state and federal guidelines.
- Confirmation sampling and data analysis.
- Closure Report preparation.
- Transition and implementation of Post-Closure Care.
- Transition and implementation to RCRA Corrective Action.
Examples of facilities that ONE Environmental Group has assisted with RCRA Closure include:
- Hazardous waste storage and fuel blending facility (Arvonia, VA)
- Cement Kiln and TSDF (Cascade, VA)
- Chemical manufacturing facility- hazardous waste storage tank and incinerator system (Hopewell, VA)
- Manufactured Gas Plant (Richmond, VA)
- Chemical Manufacturing Plant (Franklin, VA)
- Printing Company (Richmond, VA)