Kerry McAvoy is a Richmond area transplant from Baltimore, Maryland. She joined the ranks of the University of Notre Dame “Fighting Irish” where she earned her undergraduate degree in Environmental Science while playing Division I Lacrosse. Kerry completed a Masters in Environmental Science and Policy at Johns Hopkins University while working for the US Army Medical Research Institute of Chemical Defense. Here, she gained valuable experience in a demanding work environment that exposed her to a range of science and research disciplines. Her interest in industrial compliance across various environmental media made her a natural fit at ONE. Through hard work and her ability to exceed client expectations, she earned ownership in the company in 2018 as ONE’s newest Principal. In her spare time, Kerry and her golden doodle, Jack, are a therapy dog team with “Dogs on Call” at the VCU Hospital.
More about Kerry:
Kerry has over 10 years of professional experience in environmental consulting, laboratory work, and report publication. She has extensive experience in multi-media industrial environmental compliance including Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA); Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act (CERCLA)/Superfund; ; Clean Water Act (CWA); underground and aboveground storage tank programs; Clean Air Act (CAA); Oil Pollution Act (OPA); Emergency Planning and Community Right-to- Know Act (EPCRA); visible emissions evaluation (VEE); Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments; Department of Mines, Minerals, and Energy (DMME); and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) health and safety programs.
M.S. – Environmental Science and Policy, Johns Hopkins University
B.A. – Environmental Science, University of Notre Dame
Areas of expertise include:
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)
- National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permitting
- Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasures (SPCC) and Oil Discharge Contingency (ODC) Plans
- Integrated Contingency Plans (ICP)
- Air, stormwater, and wastewater permitting and monitoring
- Risk Management Plan (RMP) and Process Safety Management (PSM) program development and audits
- Hydrogeologic site assessments including well installations, soil and groundwater monitoring, and sampling.
- Providing training for RCRA, HAZWOPER, and Department of Transportation (DOT)
- On-site training related to site-specific SPCC, storm water, and sustainability compliance programs
- Visible Emissions Evaluation Certified – EPA Method 9 Visual Opacity
- HAZWOPER/HAZMAT 29 CFR 1910.120 & 49 CFR 172.704 Train the Trainer Program
- 40-Hour OSHA Training (29 CFR 1910.120)
- 8-Hour OSHA Refresher annually
- Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) Training
- DOT HazMat General & Security Awareness Training (49 CFR 172.704)