ONE Environmental Group is looking to add an Environmental Consultant/Project Manager to its team.
This new hire will be responsible for business development, expanding the company’s network and supporting the overall growth of ONE, while ensuring consistency with company culture and vision.
ONE offers environmental consulting and industrial services to commercial, industrial and government clients that are regulated by environmental state and federal regulations or transactional requirements of lending institutions. ONE strives to provide value-based consulting services through innovation, integrity and a profound respect for our client’s objectives.
The position will support the Richmond and Norfolk offices primarily but will be remote during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The essential job functions include:
- Focusing on increasing business opportunities in the Carolinas and South Atlantic regions.
- Managing all aspects of projects, including setup, performance tracking, invoicing and collections. This includes taking responsibility for the quality of work product on all projects, meeting project budgets, and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Interfacing directly with regulatory agencies on behalf of customers, with focus on environmental compliance and project management.
- Supervising, mentoring and delegating project tasks to junior staff.
- Preparing technical compliance documents required by local, State, and Federal regulations with minimal supervision, oversight and revisions. Examples include (but are not limited to) Permit Applications for various media (air, water, waste); SPCC Plans; and SWPPPs and associated documents (SOPs, DMRs, Inspection Reports and Corrective Action Reports).
- Scheduling and performing Phase I and Phase II Environmental Assessments (ESAs) in accordance with ASTM standards with minimal supervision by an Environmental Professional.
- Completing risk assessment analyses. Examples include (but are not limited to) surficial and subsurface soil, groundwater, soil gas, vapor intrusion and encroachment, and indoor air.
- Scheduling and performing field work, including (but not limited to) sample collection, compliance inspections, soil borings, monitoring well installations and various remedial activities. All field work must be completed in accordance with both company and customer health and safety guidelines.
The ideal candidate must have either a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering or a scientific discipline with at least six to 10 years of experience working in the environmental industry. Preferably that experience would involve environmental compliance projects involving both federal and state regulations, such as RCRA, CAA, CWA and OPA.
Preferred qualifications include a 40-hr HAZWOPER certification and licenses in Asbestos and/or Lead Based Paint. A physical exam is required to obtain medical clearance for hazardous waste work. Passage of a drug test and a background check are additional requirements. Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and be flexible to work outside of normal business hours if necessary.
The position may require up to 20% overnight travel.
Salary range is $50,000 – $100,000 with benefits.
Achievement-oriented, innovative independent candidates encouraged to apply. At ONE, our culture is both detail- and outcome-oriented with a focus on team and people.